Butternut Thai Massaman Curry03 Dec, 2018
For a perfect heart-warming dish to serve on a chilly winter night, you have to try this famous Butternut Thai Massaman curry. Always mixed with coconut milk, this curry is rich and flavourful in taste and will serve to warm up your body from your head to your toes on a cold day. Besides butternut, you can also make it with with chicken, beef, or lamb. Leftovers from this sumptuous dish are perfect if you want to enjoy a hot lunch.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 1 Serving:
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 100 g butternut squash (or chicken, beef or lamb)
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tbsp cardamon
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 anise flowers
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2-1 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 50 g Massaman curry paste
- Peel the butternut squash and potatoes and cut into pieces
- Cut chicken, beef or lamb into one inch pieces if you are using meat
- Stir Massaman curry paste with oil and add the cup of coconut milk and stir
- Add butternut squash, potato, (and meat) into coconut milk concoction, and add cinnamon, cardamon, anise, and peanuts.
- Cover pot with lid and boil for 30 minutes
- Season with salt, sugar, and fish sauce.