Tom Yum Goong Nam Khon – Hot and Sour Prawn Soup09 Aug, 2014
A little bit of spice to life is always nice! In the summer, this hot spicy soup can actually help you curb your appetite which is excellent if you’re looking to feel light. This very same soup is also perfect for the wintery days as the spice can actually make you feel warm during cold days … but I must say, strangely, this soup can also give a cooling effect during hot summer days! Go figure?! I guess this is just a perfect year-round soup! Try it out, enjoy and let us know how it goes!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 1 Serving:
- 50 grams prawns
- 5 slices of galangal
- 1-2 stalk lemongrass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 tbsp. coriander
- 1/2 tbsp. spring onion
- 1 tbsp. tomato
- 1/2 tbsp. onion (cut into quarter)
- 20 grams oyster or straw mushrooms
- 3-8 green fresh chilli (coarse or chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp. roasted chili paste
- 250 ml coconut milk or evaporated milk
- 1-2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Add coconut milk in pot and bring to boiling.
- Add lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves.
- Add onion, mushroom and roasted chili paste or Tom Yum Paste (which you can get at T & T Supermarket)
- Add fish sauce and a little sugar (season to taste)
- Add prawns into the post, stir, and leave it for about 10 seconds
- Add in tomato, coriander, spring onion, and lime juice.